The Ethiopian Bottled water & Soft drinks Manufacturing Industries Association (EBSMIA) was legally established on April 03, 2018 with 33 founding members from the sector.
EBSMIA has got its license from FDRE Ministry of Trade & Industry as per Proclamation 341/2003 part 5(23) that allow the foundation of Sectorial Associations. Currently the Association members are increased to 65.
To be continently Competitive and Productive Association
To give support to make the sector effective and productive
- Integrity and Professionalism
- Pursuing partnership
- Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Transparency and Accountability
- Quality standards
- No to Corruption
- Creating conducive environment for producers in the sector to be organized and strengthened at country as well as international level
- Providing necessary support to upgrade the quality of products;
- Disseminating and compiling information on products;
- Encouraging the participation of members in the economy by coordinating their knowledge, wealth and labor;
- Creating conducive environment for members to safeguard their common interest;
- Serving as a bridge between the government and the sector.
- Bargain on policy reforms for the sector